BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 18, 2017

Rejoice. Pray. Give Thanks.


Just a week ago, I sent an email to my colleagues detailing their mistakes in our daily reports. I was the one in charge doing the weekly report that's why I get to see the lapses that my officemates tend to overlook. I had a feeling that they took it negatively and I really can't blame them. I'm a jerk.

Last Sunday, the priest focused his sermon on this verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always. Pray unceasingly. In all circumstances, give thanks.”

That mass made me realized how wrong I was in sending that email. I started asking myself questions and forcing myself to answer each.

The priest told us that no matter how bad our situation is, always look for the good side of it because there will always be. If you're having a hard time, pray unceasingly. Be appreciative every single second.

Lord,

Thank you for making me realize that. I started my day in the office earlier positively. I tried to do all my tasks without looking for someone else's mistakes. I tried to focus myself on what I need to accomplish today rather than how I can teach my colleagues by letting them know where they failed.

Humble me, Lord, as I take on this challenge. I know it will be hard because I'm not usually the positive guy but I'm pretty sure that day-by-day, you will guide me through my transition. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment