BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018: This will be a Good Year


Lord, thank you for the great year of 2017. I was able to accomplish a lot of things. It's true that you don't get everything that you've wished for but it still felt so good that I got to cross some items on my to-do list.

While I started 2017 with a very positive attitude, I was struggling to keep it all throughout the year because of too many commitments.

I got promoted to unit head in our religious community early last year and was immediately assigned to do several tasks such as leading our Christian Life Program that ran for three months and heading our chapter to our regional conference in Naga City. It all went fine but the journey was not that easy especially that I have two jobs.

Speaking of jobs, 2017 marked my new chapter in the corporate world as I jumped from one bank to another. I was so excited to explore my new work as I was among the pioneers in our team. My bosses are all supportive and I get along well with my colleagues.

Due to several commitments, I didn't get to spend more hours teaching in my part-time job. I still retained it as I don't want to burn bridges with the company that gave me a chance when I was struggling financially.

Also, I was able to go back to school. After seven years, I finally got the chance to enroll for a master's degree. I am now in my second term. The whole degree will run for two years, three semesters each.

I was able to religiously hear Sunday masses (except last Christmas where I missed the schedule of the mass in our church in the province). Still, I'm happy that I'm always being led to a church every Sunday.

I celebrated Christmas in Leyte, my mother's hometown. I'm thinking of making it a family tradition to go to our province every December. For the first time as well, our family was complete when we welcome the new year.

In my romantic life, I finally met her. She said yes on her birthday as well. We were together when I went to Cebu, her hometown. We've been to several places as well. Hopefully, we get to travel a lot as a couple this 2018.

For 2018, I really hope that I will be able to explore new things. I'm already 30 but that won't hinder me from doing something new. I want this year to be a year of exploration for me. I will try to make no limitations.

I want to learn how to play a guitar, to swim, to have a regular exercise, to travel more, to save and invest more, to do more acts of charity and to blog more.

2018, please be good to me.

Lord,

I really appreciate all the blessings that you have showered last year. Thank you as well for the challenges as I was able to realize a lot of things after going through it. 

Let me be the person You want me to be this year. I know it's going to be even harder but with You beside me, I believe that I'll make it.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment