BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Lolo.



Help even when you also need one.


I'm struggling financially but something in me still approached a senior citizen who seemed problematic outside McDonald's earlier when I was having my lunch. I ended up buying his meal.

I'm not bragging about what I did. I kind of feel like he needed me. And that, despite having so many problems of my own, I felt him. I can relate to his struggles.

Perhaps, I was used to be his angel at that time. Perhaps, he's been desperately praying for someone to help him. He was not even begging to anyone. He was just seated outside, eyes closed, holding his tummy. I instantly knew that he needed me but I hesitated for a couple of minutes. I don't want him to be offended. But, upon realizing that he has no one ordering food for him, I went outside and talked to him.

Sometimes, we're being called to do things that are beyond us. I don't like giving alms not only because they could just be part of a syndicate, but also because I don't have any money to spare. But this time, I was called to help this lolo because I felt the need to do so. It was as if I was him.

Lord,

I know that I'm not perfect. That I judge people based on their acts. That I have trust issues. That I'm selfish. That I'm not being Christian most of the time. But, I thank You for opening my eyes to these realities. I thank You for using me to be a blessing to others even if I myself is also desperately praying hard for a blessing.

Grant me, Lord, the patience that I needed to wait for Your right time. Shower me the endurance so that I can withstand all these challenges.  

I am still waiting, Lord. I will continue to hold on to Your plans for me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment