BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 25, 2016

Remember His Story


I was alone since Holy Wednesday as my family went to the province for a vacation. I don't have any plans of going out so I stayed at home watching TV and browsing online. I spent my first few days of vacation lying in the couch.

Most of the Filipinos are already in the province to perhaps mark the start of summer. They have planned this ahead of time - booked through promo fares, filed vacation leaves, saved money to go on tour, etc. I did not bother to do any of that a couple of months ago. I just don't have any plans at all. Maybe I would just like to spend the Holy Week at home to take a good rest.

After watching the latest episode of The Walking Dead online, I browsed the local TV channels to check any other shows that I could watch next. When I turned to GMA-7, they're airing the Tagalized version of the movie Son of God. At first, I was hesitant to watch it. While I haven't seen this particular movie yet, I was able to watch Passion of Christ before. Knowing that it would just be the same retelling, I continued looking for other options. I ended up watching the movie.

The Tagalized version of the Korean tearjerker Miracle in Cell No. 7 followed next. I've heard a lot of good reviews about this movie so I decided not to switch channels anymore. Like how the reviews put it, this movie left me with sobbing eyes.

The day after, Good Friday, I woke up around noon and was able to catch 7 Last Words on ABS-CBN. While watching the TV special, I realized that God has been calling me the entire week to remember Him.

I've been so busy doing so many things that I forget to remember Jesus' sacrifices for us. No matter how many times I've heard His story, it still feels like it was the first time. Son of God and Passion of Christ may have the same story line but watching them over and over won't easily bore you. In fact, it would energize you and give you a new perspective in life.

This Holy Week, may we all take this time to remember Him. More than the summer vacations that we may have scheduled before, let us all find time to communicate with Him. May we be able to acknowledge His sacrifices and be humble enough to admit our sins. May we learn to accept Him in our lives.

Let us all look at the Holy Week not as the start of our summer vacations but as a season to know more about our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment