BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 23, 2016

An Answered Prayer


I'm broke. I have so many bills to pay that my salary can barely cover them every month. While I'm also saving and investing, I just find my current situation a financial burden. What makes it worse is that I can't even provide for my family when they ask for help.

I know I had to do something. If it needs me to look for a higher paying job, I will do so. If I need to get a part time job again, I'll take it. I will do whatever it takes just to get out of this mess.

And so I applied for over a dozen of part time jobs online. Got interviewed multiples times. Most of these jobs would require me to spend at least a month of a whole day training which is impossible for me knowing that I have a full time job as well. I need a flexible part time job. Something that would complement with the current schedule that I have.

I got one back in May. I signed the contract and is ready to take the one week whole day training but on my first day, I did not report. I decided not to pursue it anymore as I could still manage my finances back then. Still, I knew then that the next few months would be even tougher. Why did I declined that part time job knowing that I would struggle for the next few months without it? I was just overly confident that I could still make it. And that's precisely the problem here.

It's always been 'I'. I can do this. I can make this work. I can be successful someday. I forgot that someone up there is helping me throughout my journey. I forgot that He's giving me opportunities every single day and I just either ignore or reject them because I was so full of myself that I can manage these things all by myself.

Last week, I went to my bank to redeem my investments. That was my last option if things are getting uglier. While I withdrew my investment at a time when its market value is way higher than the previous months, it just makes me feel sad that I had to do that. I really don't want to touch that money. I've been saving for the past couple of years and now, I'm liquidating it just so I could pay my bills. I was so heartbroken.


Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives; whoever seeks, finds; and the door will be opened to him who knocks.

But, our God is a generous God. He did not let me be totally broke. I still have a full time job. And, I now have a part time job as well that would help me get back on track. I just signed the contract earlier.

I was so relieved that I can now start building what I have just lost. I believe it's not yet late to start a new investment. This is just a new beginning.

Lord,

Thank you for this blessing. I know I've been selfish and yet you still blessed me with so many things. I will do my best to improve my skills so I could keep this job for as long as You will. I will continue to serve You and be a living testament as to how generous You are to the people who believe in You.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! God has great plans for our future. At the age of 15, the time my mother passed away, I became so worried about finances. Years after, I realized that my worries were unnecessary. God is the provider. Even though I`m still praying for financial provision, I now know to let go and let God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, The Graceful Mist. I appreciate your time sharing your story too. :)

      Delete
  2. how are you? I hope you are better now ^^ how was the new job?

    this is my blog

    https://myheartots.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassandra,

      I'm really sorry for just noticing your reply now. :(

      I'm currently enjoying this part time job. I'm still with them and is looking forward in staying with them for more years. :)

      Delete